Lady Lioness's Reviews > Delusion in Death

Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb

Sep 23, 13

bookshelves: saw-in-edelweiss-catalog, saw-in-rt-book-reviews-mag, genre-romantic-suspense, read-september-2012, read-september-2013
Read from September 22 to 23, 2013, read count: 2

September 2013: Okay, so it turns out this is the book you should re-read before Thankless in Death. And Nadine/Kyung hasn't happened yet, but I still live in hope.

Man, this one grabbed me. The method of the murders is freaking scary, and I'm sorta surprised they decided to release it on 9/11. I think Robb did a great job of capturing that imminent tension that existed here during that time period, that sort of terrifying anticipation for something you hope will never come.

This book focused more on the mystery and would probably do fairly well as a stand-alone. Past cases are name-dropped, especially Loyalty in Death and New York to Dallas, but it's easy enough to gather meaning from the context. There are no big new character developments, although there are some heartfelt scenes featuring Summerset.

On a personal note, Eve mentions, as a throwaway, forwarding information to Kyung (NYPD's media liaison) and I suddenly started shipping Nadine & Kyung. I don't know why, I just did. They've never had a scene together, but they obviously know each other (Nadine mentions talking to the media liaison on pg. 102) and it just made my brain start tingling.

While I really enjoyed Celebrity in Death, there has been a bit of sameness wafting around the series so Robb does need to inject it with something new. After 35 books, there aren't a lot of new places to take it and I'll be interested to see what, if anything, Robb settles on.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delusion in Death.

Lisa I agree about the murders. Scary and something I could see happening. I agree it is a standalone. Not my fav of the series, but good.

boemum Hahaha your Eve senses are tingling:D I get you! Very good review. Couldn't have said it better.