Carrie's Reviews > Wreck of the Nebula Dream

Wreck of the Nebula Dream by Veronica  Scott

May 29, 12

bookshelves: own, kindle, ebook, action-adventure, read-2012, sci-fi-rom, science-fiction, sfr-reading-challenge-2012, suspense
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012

SFR Reading Challenge 2012 Book 13

3.5*
Grade B

This was a very enjoyable SFR. Wreck of the Nebula Dream is a retelling of the Titanic disaster with a futuristic space setting. The story is very well done and the plot moves quickly. The group trying to survive came upon realistic obstacles throughout. It kept me interested and reading. The main character, Nick, is well drawn and capable. He's a talented Special Forces officer, but he's not perfect. Mara is less well developed, but she's a sympathetic character. The secondary characters are well done, even the children.

I would have liked to see more development in the relationship between Nick and Mara, although what was there was sweet. I do appreciate the author not having the couple fall into bed during a major crisis. The short moments of tenderness between the leads were believable and appropriate to the story. Don't let the lack of overt sex scenes keep you from reading. It's a good story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wreck of the Nebula Dream.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy This one sounds intriguing!

Carrie It's not perfect, but I found it very entertaining. Plus it's only 99 cents on kindle. ;-)

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy Can't beat that (well, I guess free would beat that, but close enough). Just ordered it.