Rebecca Lockley's Reviews > Best Friends

Best Friends by Consuelo Saah Baehr

Apr 06, 12

Read in April, 2012

This book was awful. Billed as a "Romantic Suspense", there was nothing romantic or suspenseful about it.

***Spolier Alert***

Three girls meet at a private school in New York when they are all in their early teens (as far as I can tell). But even that gets off to a slow start. The book changes perspective and jumps forward in the girl's timelines with no rhyme or reason. Finally, we reach the adulthood of the three girls and learn that they are no longer friends, but two of the girls find each other right away. They are both married with children (though one child isn't their husband's), and the other has just lost her fiancé, however it doesn't phase her much as she wasn't in love with him and she promptly meets someone and finds herself pregnant.

Partway through the book, Sara's name changes to Sarah.

The rest of the book is devoted to the two married women cheating on their husbands. The only "suspense" part was learning that one of the husbands was gay (which was immediately obvious) and then finding out that he wanted to kidnap his son and leave his wife. The book culminates with the two pregnant woman in hospital after being shot at by the husband and the unmarried woman's baby dies, and the husband kills himself.

All in all, I'm glad this was free.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Friends.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monika (new)

Monika Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to not read this one! I love the "Partway through the book, Sara's name changes to Sarah." Too funny!

Rebecca Lockley I couldn't even write a proper review, the book just was so awful! I downloaded it because it was ranked high on Amazon and was free, and once I started I had to finish....but wow, what a waste of time.