life's a fairy tale's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jun 04, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

I caved and read the last book. I absolutely loved hearing about my beloved characters, Christian and Anastasia's wedding and honeymoon. Other than that this book was essentially the same as the last, only not nearly as good...the same arguments, insecurities, sex, etc.

I'm so disappointed the epilogue was rushed. If there was going to be this rush of an epilogue after all this it should have just been in book two.

I really love these characters but in this book they both just annoyed me so much! And the threats they get from Christian's past are over the top, especially the Jack threat, that was so unbelievable and stupid. Especially in the grand scheme of things as not that much time has passed. It was all a little ridiculous.

Christian running back to Mrs. Robinson really pissed me off. As soon as that happened I think I just shut down from reading this book and became uninterested. I may have actually really liked this book until this part. Despite being Fifty, him doing that still seemed completely out of character to me.

As I said before, I greatly wish my few favorite moments from this book were added to book two and that be that. Instead I feel a number of things that took place (especially the mrs. R thing) made me not feel as satisfied as I did after reading book two.

With that said I did enjoy reading the couple of pages written from Christian's perspective (I actually read this before I started book 3). After reading the first two books I would have loved for a book written from his perspective, but after this book I'm not so sure....

Overall I think book two should have been the ending with an amazing epilogue or book three should have been still about these amazing characters about something different and after some time has passed or something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.