Ab's Reviews > Omu Spirituality: Women as Essential Mystics

Omu Spirituality by Maureen Uche

Apr 06, 12

Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

This book is organized well and provides readers with new and interesting information on the topic of Omu Spirituality.

The author’s goal seemed to be to educate the general American population on important topics, which Americans might not be familiar with. Overall, I believe she succeeded, because I learned a lot from reading this book.

I did feel, however, that the book would be strengthened if Dr. uche could add some more basic information about the regions she was discussing. For example, I gained a good understanding of women in the Omu community, but I would have liked to know more about the community at large: How many people live in the region? How do the people make a living? What kind of terrain are people living on?

I think this book provides information a topic that has never been discussed and very valuable. Omu Spirituality teaches readers even much more about the Nigerian culture. This is an Excellent resource for those who are studying Anthropology, International issues and Religion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Omu Spirituality.