Laurel's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

message 1: by Annalisa (last edited Apr 15, 2012 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annalisa Loved this. Sometimes I like a good sad book.

Laurel I loved it too. It was heart-breaking, but in a life-affirming way. Really enjoyed your review!

Annalisa Thanks. Sometimes it's hard to write reviews for books you love.

Susieville Just finished. Loved it.

Lucy I think almost every story could be sad. I liked that “they” i.e. John Green, chose to tell their sad story in a funny way. I kept laughing out loud when she’d refer to the ball-less-ness of the cancer support group guy.

Susieville I really liked their discussion about the mark we leave on the world.

Laurel Green is definitely excellent at providing comic relief! I kept wishing I could be so witty. :) Susieville -- I loved their discussion about the mark we leave on the world too. It's something I think about a lot.

Lucy Yes, Laurel, you are much like John Green. Maybe not as witty but the serenity, focus and grace with which you continue to live is every bit as inspiring. I thought of you when Hazel said, “I’d trade my strength for your remission.” and know that you would rather have your strength and freedom than the serenity, focus and grace, but, what a woman you are, to choose how you tell your story. You make marks.

Susieville Lucy, well said

Laurel Thank you so much, Lucy. You brought a tear to my eye... in the good way, of course. :) I think I needed to hear that this morning. Thanks so much for your kind words.

Annalisa Yep. I agree with Lucy.