Ee Hwee's Reviews > Witchy, Witchy

Witchy, Witchy by Penelope King

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: own, ebook, young-adult, read-in-2012, fantasy
Read from April 18 to 23, 2012

Witchy, Witchy INTL giveaway!!!

I was hooked from page one but got a little worried when i realized that Calista had to attend a normal high school and deal with high school drama. Thankfully, there was minimal drama and more about her discovering herself as a witch.

I really enjoyed the twists in the book and it kept me intrigued throughout. I would really love to know how Nicholas and Calista plays out and find out what cool and unique powers Calista has.

I love how the story flowed so naturally, it was relatable. The friendships forged were natural, love dialogues were not overly corny but straight to the point and I like how all the characters were consistent and didn't seem to change even under different circumstances. I could really connect with everyone except maybe Nicholas since we do not know much about him. Also, his creepy stalker tendencies reminds me of a certain sparkly vampire. Thank God not too much attention was drawn too that.

Overall it was a quick read with some new ideas about magic and witches thrown in. One thing i really appreciated was that i was not bombarded with tons of facts about the magical world and the likes. I liked the Q&A sort of method where things were only explained when Calista questioned so the explanations had good timing.

If the second book is well-executed, it will definitely surpass this book. There was just too much left unexplained, can't wait to read Kiss the Crystal Sun!

Recommended for anyone who is looking for a short read and who loves a different kind of magical world mixed with romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchy, Witchy.

04/23/2012 page 160
49.0% "Not really liking the high school drama but everything else is good!"