Trudy Somers's Reviews > Defending Jacob

Defending Jacob by William Landay

Apr 05, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from April 05 to May 31, 2012

I loved the twists and turns in this novel. Every spare moment I had I picked this book up, it is not the usual murder mystery. Well written, fast paced without all the extraneous details some writers get bogged down in---Landay gets to the point quickly; love that! I highly recommend this book if you like thrilling, who-done-it's that keep you guessing the whole way through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defending Jacob.

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy I liked this one - looking forward to seeing what you think.

Trudy Somers I'm halfway through and wish I had more time to devote to finishing it.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Here's another recommendation - I just finished Heft, and I thought it was really interesting...I think you'd like it...

Trudy Somers My sister sent me Heft as a kindle gift so I'll start that this weekend---Daph recommended it to me.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy I need to get Daph's recommendations too - seems like she and I like the same things. I've mentioned it to many people too - the characters are very memorable.

message 6: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Atkeson This one's on my list, Trudy. Our sharing books inspired me to start a now-and-then book group w/ friends by naming the book I want to read and inviting them to read w/me, then come over to discuss.

Trudy Somers Sounds like a good idea! My friend Cindy wants to get your recommendations too, so she may "friend" you---she's recommended lots of good books to me as well.