Kai's Reviews > Shades of Truth

U 50x66
Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 02 to 06, 2012

Flickering the Hope was the first book I read in this Sadie's Sketchbook series. I have always did wondered what has happened in the first book which is Shades of Truth.

In Shades of Truth, Sadies is moving to Eagle's Nest, Michigan from Southern California. Her dad took a job in being a mediator between the bear hunters and researchers. It was also a new beginning and a change of pace for Sadies' family. Her mom has Chronic Fatigue Illness. Some days are good days and some days are just bad days.

Moving to Eagle's Nest is not as great as it seems, so Sadies thought. She encountered the peer pressure of just being herself when the local kids in her school started picking on her for being difference. It didn't help when the majority of the town adults already made up their minds that Sadie's dad was an interloper in their ways of life.

Sadies also had to learn that just because the town people hunted bears in the fall are not evil. It is their ways of life in dealing with the bear population. She also learned that things are not as simple as they seemed. There are consequences so she learned when accusing someone before all the facts are presented.

It also about questioning God and where he is in Sadie's life. Most of us can identified with Sadie's when things become unbearable. We would questioned where is God and why has he abandoned us when we are at the lowest point of our lives. This book is about Sadie learning to have faith.

This book would be a great read for family with kids relocating from familiar surroundings. It deals with adjusting to a new life and people who would become their friends as one starts socialize with each others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Truth.

09/04/2012 page 50