Jay's Reviews > Bear, Otter, and the Kid

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. Klune

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: mm-romance, all-time-favorites
Read from April 10 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy

WOW... Just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by its cover (or title).

I have have had this book on my TBR list for quite awhile and for some reason couldn't make the decision to purchase and read it. That is until some good friends told me it was a great story. It pulled on all my emotions: Happy (laughed out loud at times), Sad (tears were running down my face), Anger (just wanted to scream), Frustration (OMG, just figure it out Bear). If a book can do that to me it's a 5 star read.

The story was well written and the all the characters work well together and all add to the story line. The Kid is hilarious, Bear and Otter are so right for each other. Anna, Creed, and Mrs. Paquinn what a supporting bunch of folks. The mother, well I can't use the language that comes to mind to describe her so I will just tell you if I could have reached into the book and strangled her I would have.

TJ Klune has a wonderful book here. The writing style is well done, The narration is terrific, the characters all add to the plot and stand on their own. Well done, well done!

I absolutely loved this book. I am anxiously waiting the sequel that will be released next week.
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bear, Otter, and the Kid.

Quotes Jay Liked

T.J. Klune
“You were the only thing that made me feel safe when the earthquakes threatened to break me. I needed you here because when you're not here, I don't have a home.”
T.J. Klune, Bear, Otter, and the Kid

T.J. Klune
“I’ll never understand why people just won’t let others be who they are. It’s not like it’s affecting them in any way”
T.J. Klune, Bear, Otter, and the Kid

04/10/2012

Monika Haha.. this one is good! Move it up your to read list, wait don't you have a must read list? LOLO

message 2: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Okay, moved it to my "must read" list... Watching TV with the mother-in-law. God I haven't sat in front of the TV for this long is awhile.

Tina Make it must read next!

message 4: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Okay it is now on the "must read" and "up next" lists.

Tina The sequel comes out at the end of the month, you have to be ready for it!

Monika What are you watching? I'm watching hockey how exciting! Actually it is I love hockey...

message 7: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay I saw that, I had better stay off of here for a while and read huh?

Monika Jay wrote: "I saw that, I had better stay off of here for a while and read huh?"

Nooooo don't leave!!!!

message 9: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Like that would happen... I'll just have to read in the wee hours of the morning...

message 10: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay ...but I had better get back to the mother-in-law. I'll be back.

Monika Okay see ya later!

message 12: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Now it is on my Kindle... Getting closer to reading it.

Monika Starting it soon? I'm probably going to do a re-read before the sequel comes out..

Angel I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet.

Monika oooohhh! It's a must read and the sequel comes out soon...

message 16: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Monika wrote: "Starting it soon? I'm probably going to do a re-read before the sequel comes out.."

Yeah as soon as I finish Chase In Shadow

Monika Jay wrote: "Monika wrote: "Starting it soon? I'm probably going to do a re-read before the sequel comes out.."

Yeah as soon as I finish Chase In Shadow"

How are you liking that one so far?

message 18: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Angel wrote: "I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet."

We gotta say off the GR website if we are going to read anything... Photobucket

message 19: by Monika (last edited Apr 06, 2012 07:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Monika Jay wrote: "Angel wrote: "I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet."

We gotta say off the GR website if we are going to read anything... "

No kidding! I've tried and failed miserably.

message 20: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Monika wrote: "Jay wrote: "Monika wrote: "Starting it soon? I'm probably going to do a re-read before the sequel comes out.."

Yeah as soon as I finish Chase In Shadow"

How are you liking that o..."

It is really good... Chase is a tormented sole I am afraid of how it will turn out... Photobucket but don't tell me

Angel lol Chase made my heart ache and had me in tears various times! I wont't give the ending away...

message 22: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Monika wrote: "Jay wrote: "Angel wrote: "I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet."

We gotta say off the GR website if we are going to read anything... "

No kidding! I've tried and failed miserably."

The plan was to get up and read while the hubby's mom slept, but work and GR has distracted me from that plan.

Angel Monika wrote: "Jay wrote: "Angel wrote: "I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet."

We gotta say off the GR website if we are going to read anything... "

No kidding! I've tried and failed miserably."

Same here especially when everyone is on at night. I have been sleeping on the couch so I have the laptop out here and I stay up later. I don't get any reading done because I get caught up here or chatting on msn now lol

message 24: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Looky what I found...

Photobucket

message 25: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Angel wrote: "Monika wrote: "Jay wrote: "Angel wrote: "I have this on mine too but haven't read it yet."

We gotta say off the GR website if we are going to read anything... "

No kidding! I've tried and faile..."

Look at you, the social butterfly that you are...

Angel Thanks... now if only I could be that way in the real world lol

Very very nice pic you found there!

Monika Jeez I'm only gone a few minutes and look at all the messages I've missed already!

I'm not telling the ending even it I could remember it...LOL (just kidding)

Jay looking for pics again, why does this one not look real?

Angel Monika wrote: "Jeez I'm only gone a few minutes and look at all the messages I've missed already!

I'm not telling the ending even it I could remember it...LOL (just kidding)

Jay looking for pics again, why does..."

I think it has a staged look, but it's still very nice I think!

message 29: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Angel wrote: "Monika wrote: "Jeez I'm only gone a few minutes and look at all the messages I've missed already!

Jay looking for pics..."

Probably cause it is from a movie

Deeze That movie has to be Eating Out ? maybe number 5?

Hi Jay, Hope I get to catch up with you some over the weekend.

Deeze Hi Angel, I'm the same, mucch more sociable on here than in the reeal world lol.

Angel I was going to ask what movie it was from...

Monika Bye guys Matt won't be buying me breakfast if I don't get ready I'm being glared at....:D See you when I get back I hope!

Angel Hi Dee!! Yeah, I'm really pretty shy actually lol

Deeze See you soon Monika, Eat fast lolol.

Angel Monika wrote: "Bye guys Matt won't be buying me breakfast if I don't get ready I'm being glared at....:D See you when I get back I hope!"

Enjoy your breakfast Monkika!

message 37: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Deeze wrote: "That movie has to be Eating Out ? maybe number 5?

Hi Jay, Hope I get to catch up with you some over the weekend. "

Yep one of the Eating out movies

Angel Now I have to go look those up....lol

message 39: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Hi Dee... yeah I will be on and off this weekend. The hubby's mom is here and my son and his girlfriend will be here tomorrow.

message 40: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Angel wrote: "Now I have to go look those up....lol"

Photobucket

Angel I'm still new to some of this ya know LOL

message 42: by Deeze (last edited Apr 06, 2012 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deeze Angel wrote: "Now I have to go look those up....lol"

Enjoy Angel. They are the kind of movies you laugh at even when you don't want to lol. At least for me they are. Another one I can blame Adrian for introducing me too lol.

Angel Deeze wrote: "Angel wrote: "Now I have to go look those up....lol"

LOL Alright, I will see if I can find them. I'll let you know.

Tina Sheesh you guys were busy while I was at work. I'm not even gonna try to catch up!

message 45: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Tina wrote: "Sheesh you guys were busy while I was at work. I'm not even gonna try to catch up!"

I know that feeling!

Monika Tina wrote: "Sheesh you guys were busy while I was at work. I'm not even gonna try to catch up!"

Come on Tina you can do it! How are you going to know what's going on?

Tina I'm too tired, I need to shower and fall over into a bed!

message 48: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Monika wrote: "Tina wrote: "Sheesh you guys were busy while I was at work. I'm not even gonna try to catch up!"

Come on Tina you can do it! How are you going to know what's going on?"

@Monika - left you a present on your profile

Tina Hey, I want a present, too!

Tina Oh man, I just took a shower and now I'm all hot again. Thanks Jay!!

« previous 1 3