Rebecca's Reviews > Falling Apart in One Piece: One Optimist's Journey Through the Hell of Divorce

Falling Apart in One Piece by Stacy Morrison

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: chicklit
Read in August, 2010

I am reading too much about divorce and bad marriages lately (both fiction and non-fiction) it makes me NEVER want to get married. Not that I have any plans on the horizon at all, but all these books lately make me think why anyone would ever bother. This was an autobio about some magazine editor and her marriage and house as it all fell apart. I felt there was something missing in this book. While she kind of totally bagged on her ex for totally good reasons, I kept thinking, why would anyone so smart fall into this trap and for so long? They got married kind of young and waited for like 10 years to have a kid and once they did, everything fell apart. I think there was something wrong with her as well, but I couldn't figure out what. This story was sort of told in chronological order, but as a whole it just seemed like little stories and situations just thrown together into some thing of a book. Also, when she had a lot going on, I didn't really feel sorry for her. I feel like people who bite off more then they can chew kind of have it coming. Also, she had a lot of guys friends, which I think is a little odd. It was a blah read, I felt like something was off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Apart in One Piece.