Christina's Reviews > Tigers and Devils

Aug 09, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: m-m-romance, sports, coming-out
Read from August 02 to 07, 2012

I'm in the minority with this one but I just couldn't connect with the MC's. I liked the story but for some reason I always felt distant from Simon and Declan's relationship. Whenever I started to feel something for either of them, I was shut down and the detachment just crept back up. The Fade to Black played a very minor role in my feelings. The main issue was that I never got emotionally attached to Simon. He frustrated me, he was stubborn and childish at times. Maybe it was his cynical personality that kept me at arm's length. Declan on the other hand, I liked. He was sweet and just and all around good guy.

I enjoyed the touches of humor and the dialogue. All the secondary characters were great, especially Fran! She never held back her feelings and put everyone in their place.

All and all this was an ok book. It had me smiling but lacked the emotional grip.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers and Devils.

08/07/2012

Lenore Ooooooh!! Enjoy! I loved it!

Christina Thanks. I'm looking forward it.

Lara I just saw your comments about this. I'm in the same boat. I didn't completely click with it either, though I know everyone else loved it. It's been a year, but for some reason I just didn't :(

Christina Yeah, it's strange because I enjoyed the story but the relationship always seemed a bit distant.

Monique ~ Sinfully Great comments Christina, shame it didn't click with you. Not one I would buy, simply because I don't get American sports!!!!

Christina Thanks Monique! I had high hopes with his one but you can't win them all. It was still an ok read. The sports wasn't overwhelming at all. It focused mostly on the fame that being a football player brings. There were teams mentioned but not much football terminology.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I was never sure about this one, Christina. But I think I'll be giving it a miss then. Nice review!

Christina Thanks Baba! I was one of the odd ones out on this one. Maybe you'll like it.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Christina wrote: "Thanks Baba! I was one of the odd ones out on this one. Maybe you'll like it."

Nah, Christina. I won't be reading it. :-)