Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Enraptured

Enraptured by Elisabeth Naughton

Apr 12, 12

Read from April 05 to 09, 2012

I haven't read the previous three books in the Eternal Guardians series and was worried that I would have a hard time following the characters and plot in Enraptured. Thankfully, Naughton does a great job of providing background information without slowing down the plot. There were some characters from the previous books that were integral in the overall plot in Enraptured. I wanted to know more about them and their background. I guess that means I will have to go back and read books 1-3, huh?

When I started reading Enraptured, it took me awhile to get into the story. I couldn't connect with Orpheus and Skyla in the beginning. As the book progressed, I found myself warming up to Orpheus but still not liking Skyla. Both Orpheus and Skyla come from a shared past that only Skyla remembers. As a Siren, she is tasked with doing a job and that job is destroy Orpheus. Orpheus feels like he knows Skyla but realizes it's impossible. He knows that the Siren is out to destroy him but he won't let her deter him from his mission of saving his brother.

Orpheus and Skyla have great chemistry and are both strong and determined. The sexual attraction is obvious and explosive. It kind of shocked me that they had sex so soon and then we hate to wait awhile before they hooked up again. There's a lot sexual innuendo and taunting between the two that made for some smoking hot dialog that threatened to singe my Kindle.

For me, Enraptured didn't start getting really good until the last 40 - 45%. The action picked up and the overall plot became more emotional and I was truly and utterly hooked. Both Orpheus and Skyla have to face and deal with their past. Orpheus has to come to terms with what happened to his brother, Gryphon. I swear there were some scenes with Gryphon that had me on the verge of tears. I did not expect that.

Even though I had problems with the beginning, I enjoyed reading Enraptured and I now want to read the previous three books. I loved the Greek mythology and the politics. The characters were interesting and I especially now want to read the stories of the heroes and heroines of the first three books. Also, I can't wait to read Gryphon's book and about his journey. I have a feeling it is going to be heartbreaking.

The Eternal Guardian series will definitely be added to my must buy list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enraptured.

04/08/2012 page 200
50.0% "Still not liking Skyla"