Robyn's Reviews > Social Suicide

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

2620654
Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: comdey, mystery, ya, series, first-reads
Read from April 05 to 19, 2012

Social Suicide

In this follow-up book to Deadly Cool we meet right back up with Hartley Featherstone, who is now on the HHH school paper, with her partner in crime Chase. When Hartley is assigned to the biggest story she's determined to prove her worth on the paper. And Hartley just might get her chance when she stumbles upon a "Twittercide" (electrocution while tweeting).

I was very pleased to have win this in a goodreads contest, because I really enjoyed the first one. Once again I was impressed with the cover. It's beautiful. I love how they kept the play on the text. Instead of a pair of earbuds this time the text has electric plugs. So far so good.

I wish I could this book 3 1/2 stars because it was good, but didn't quite cut it. The beginning of the book was great, but once the actual game of "find the killer" started...well that's where things went downhill for me. In the middle there seemed to be a lot of mindless running around as Hartley and her friends try and solve the case. When Hartley wasn't playing detective, she was too busy misreading signs from Chase or being a brat about her mon dating again. I was looking forward to see what would happen with Hartley and Chase, but it feel a bit short.  At least Sam and her witty cuteness helped me get through it. The book did however managed to pick up when the killer strikes again before Hartley eyes. I did like the twist and the end even though it wasn't surprising. The book ends with the possibility of a third one to come out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Suicide.