Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > The Legend of de Marco

The Legend of de Marco by Abby Green

Dec 18, 15

bookshelves: favorites-books, romance, harlequin-mills-boon
Read on April 05, 2012, read count: 1

First off, I love Abby Green’s books and The Legend of de Marco is one of my favorites.

The plot is not the main thing in this story. It’s the characters that blow you away!!!! Gracie O’Brien, the girl from the wrong side of town and Rocco de Marco, the gorgeous billionaire….what brings these two people together despite having nothing in common…or so they both think….become totally and unexplainably attracted to each other???
The story begins with Gracie meeting Rocco, her brother’s boss, at a glittering affair and her disappearing before he can discover who she is. But he soon finds out when he sees her in his offices looking for her brother, who has stolen a million Euros from his company before he disappears. Rocco believes that Gracie is involved in the scam and decides to keep her close to him.

Of course, he seduces her, in his beyond amazing apartment, where she is now living so he can keep an eye on her should her brother contact her.
There are some really fabulous scenes…where Gracie cooks and serves up an incredible dinner to Rocco and the stuck up woman he’s thinking of marrying because she will ensure his status in society!!!! Right….where does he come up with that idea I don’t know….anyway….he takes her with him to Bangkok…..fabulous settings, hot sex, great hotel suites…and then…oh forgot….she flies with him on his private plane with a bedroom…where a lot of hotness goes on between the two….then New York….more parties, more designer clothes that he has bought her….I mean could you resist this man?????? His lovemaking is beyond incredible….you have to read it to see what I mean!!!!!

Such complex characters – slowly opening up to each other, that what they feel is more than just liking being in bed together…and yes they do spend a lot of time there….finding how similar their lives as children were…I thought that the way the author brought that into the story was really powerful and touching.
Two broken people who finally meet and discovering their true soul mates.
Gracie is no pushover….but loved the way she shows wonder to the world out there…and wow..Rocco reaction…great…not cynical and blasé about his wealth but deep down he can appreciate someone’s enjoyment at things he has been taking from grant for such a long time.

I loved this book and it’s definitely on my favorites section of my bookshelf.
Oh yes, there was one thing I didn’t like….the cover. The hair…okay..it’s read but the face….no I did not picture Gracie to have such a hard face….but that’s just me…would have loved her to look softer somehow.

Short Description:
Rocco de Marco. Legendary financier and billionaire. The most important man in the room. And he’d just witnessed her filching canapés from the buffet…If waitress Gracie O’Brien’s first meeting with Rocco is memorable, the second is unforgettable. For when he finds her breaking into his office he doesn’t believe her innocence – so he’ll keep her close until he finds the truth. Yet it’s impossible for Rocco to stay angry with the sparky redhead – she’s making him feel emotions Rocco thought he’d buried for ever… And the sexual tension between them is reaching explosion point!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of de Marco.

Aruana Great review, my fellow South African. Love this book. Love Abby Green.

Alex is The Romance Fox thanks a mil....i love abby green....in fact i have been going thru an ab madness the last few days and have read 4 or 5 books in that time...she is such a fabulous writer....by the way...where do you live????

Aruana I'm from Cape Town! I live in Brackenfell (Northern Suburbs). Btw, I see you mentioned that you weren't happy with the cover of the book - yes, she looked a bit "hard" to me as well.

I follow Abby Green on Pinterest and she storyboards all her book.

Here is a link to her Pinterest board for The Legend of de Marco - much better image of Gracie.

I follow Jane Porter as well on Pinterest.

Also check out:

Harlequin Presents Readers Group

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby Green Thanks for the comments and the review! And thanks for plugging the pinterest page Aurana! I agree about the cover ;) x

Alex is The Romance Fox I am now following Abby's TLOFDM pinterest board...tnx auruna for the info.....
I am so looking forward to the next book from ab fav author...AG naturally!!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by Abby (new)

Abby Green Thanks Alex! Hope you like the next one! x

message 7: by Daiane (new)

Daiane Great review Alex :D

Alex is The Romance Fox Daiane wrote: "Great review Alex :D"