Diana Bogan's Reviews > Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn

Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn by Florence Scovel Shinn

Apr 25, 12

Read from April 05 to 24, 2012

This book was given to me by a good friend several years ago. I tried to read it then, respecting her opinion that I would find value between the covers. But, I didn't get very far. I think it was the reference to God and Bible passages that turned me off and I missed the general, underlying message of faith and positive thinking.

This time around I found great comfort in reading the book. It really did help me maintain a positive outlook through some difficult times. I didn't enjoy all of the books included in this collection and my favorite was the last section of the book. Bible passages still don't resonate with me, but the universal messages and the affirmations did. I kept an open mind reading the book and I was quite pleasantly surprised at the shift in my outlook during difficult situations.

The writing quality isn't stellar, but it is a quick read and I know I have certain friends who would enjoy this book. I plan to pass it on the same way it was passed on to me. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn.