Kristy's Reviews > Queen of the Night

Queen of the Night by Leanne Hall

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: supernatural
Read in April, 2012

First off, big thanks to Crystal for sharing this one with me.

Now, onto this hot mess.

So, while I was attempting to read this one, I had several spare moments where I could have chose to sit down and finish the story, but instead of reading I chose to do other things like laundry, dishes and watch re-runs. Yeah, not a very good sign for this book folks. When I enjoy a book, nothing, come hell-or-high-water is going to stop me from sitting down and finishing it. I will stay up late, take a longer bath, read while driving.......... no, scratch that one, but you get the idea. So, was this book just terrible? No, but it wasn't wonderful either. It's teetering more toward the bad side.

There was some cool ideas going on, don't get me wrong. The dreams, the little romance story, Diana all had me semi-intrigued, but nothing sucked me in completely. This is one of those books where had the same story just been written differently, I might have enjoyed it way more. (Does that make sense??) Usually I don't feel like a lot of the YA books out there are only written for teens, but this one made me feel old. Not good.

I hate to bash a book and sound so negative, it's not like this one was so dreadfully awful or anything, but there is just nothing special for me. I can't say I'd reccommend this to anyone.... maybe younger teens as it was pretty clean.

just blah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of the Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Aww, sorry this one didn't work out for you. I never did read the first one so I guess I'm not missing out much.
I'm like that too...if a book is good, there is nothing that can keep me from it. Food? Sleep? Who needs it;)

Kristy N eedlessto say, I had too many snack breaks during this one!!! Lol