Justin's Reviews > Girl Out Loud

Girl Out Loud by Emily Gale

May 24, 12

bookshelves: owned-arc-s
Read from May 23 to 24, 2012

What is it with all of the amazing debuts this year? Emily really has something special with her debut Young Adult novel. I feel as though there have been a lot of books that I have read this year that I really liked, but this is easily one of the few that I truly loved. What I thought was going to be a pretty simple story, ended up being so much deeper and emotional that I would of ever imagined it being. I was beyond impressed with what Emily was able to accomplish.

I really feel like this story is one of those that you can't help but love. As I mentioned, I thought it was going to be a fairly simple story about a girl on her journey to audition for X Factor because of it being something her dad wanted her to do, but as the story went on that started to become a very small factor of the story. This story is full of heart, you have all of the things Kassidy is going through with her Dad and not being sure where that is going to go.. And you also have everything going on between Kassidy and her group of friends. There is some drama, and quite a few mistakes made throughout the story but seeing how everything is overcome is what really shows how much heart is within this story. I also really liked how at the end of several chapters Kass has these dreams where she is talking to Simon Cowell, those were a lot of fun to read.

Kassidy is truly an amazing character. She isn't perfect by any means, she makes quite a few mistakes that leaves you wondering what she was thinking.. But in the end she is such a real character, that I really think a lot of people will love. Kass's Dad is another of the major characters, his story is extremely complicated and is also where the emotional part of the story comes into play. He was really one of the best characters, I felt really bad for what he was going through. He was easily my favorite character in this book. Izzy and Char are also two really great characters, there is a lot that goes on between Kass and Char but it was great seeing if everything was going to work out between them or not.

I adored the ending of this book, it was somewhat sad although not in a extremely negative way. But it was also a very enjoyable ending that I felt brought a very nice close to an already beautiful and touching story. There is absolutely nothing about this book which I disliked, and I can't recommend it enough. It's a fairly quick read, but it has so much heart. I can't even express just how much heart this book has. I really hope you all will take the chance to read this amazing book whenever you get the chance to. It is extremely worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl Out Loud.