Althea Flame's Reviews > Under an Expanse of Oaks: A Druid's Journey

Under an Expanse of Oaks by David P.  Smith

Apr 05, 12

Read in April, 2012

I really don't have a lot of nice things to say about this book. I was looking forward to it, because I am a student at Grey School and never had any bad experiences with the teachers there. Well there has to be a first time for everything. First of all there are so many typos and grammar mistakes that it makes it hard for me to take one word seriously he has written. I have read a lot of basic books on Wicca and this is supposed to be one on Druidry but there is almost no information on Druids. There are rather basic information on earth-based religions as a whole but even someone reading this as their first book on the topic will have multiple questionmarks above their head. Two stars for this review because I liked the element meditations. Everything else was just too basic and I would not even recommend this to a beginner as it is too much on the surface of everything. For me the worst part as a non-native speaker was the typos and really just typical mistakes one can make with the English language , making it look like it was a teenager writing the book. I am really not trying to be mean. Just for the next book I would love less typos, more info with more valuable resources.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under an Expanse of Oaks.

04/05/2012 page 56