Gretchen's Reviews > The Celestine Prophecy

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: books-that-pissed-me-off

I remember when this book came out and there was so much woo-woo buzz about it. The man I was madly in love with at the time RAVED about it so I read it. Here's what I remember about it: it was a load of crap. The fact that a bound pile of poo would make it to the bestseller list always pisses me off (unfortunately it happens with depressing frequency) but this book was not only a bunch of pseudo New Age enlightenment, it was poorly written and that REALLY pisses me off. So, Celestine Prophecy, you get the dubious honor of being the first book to go on my "books that pissed me off" shelf. Side note: the same guy also raved about Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars, another book that pissed me off. Makes me mad just thinking about it. On reflection, I am a little dumbfounded that I could have been so in love with someone with such poor taste in books, an almost unforgivable failing in a partner. He did write me loads of purple prose though. I loved that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Celestine Prophecy.