Linda's Reviews > More Beauty, Less Beast: Transforming Your Inner Ogre

More Beauty, Less Beast by Debora M. Coty

F_50x66
Apr 05, 12

Read in March, 2012

Debora Coty, in her book, More Beauty, Less Beast, reaches into every area of your life to allow the Lord access and transform you into more of a beauty and less of a beast. Debora is transparent in her book to show you her own life, worts and all, and how God is changing her every day she allows Him to. She doesn’t say it’s painless, but it’s worth every second of your life.

Debora’s style truly is a lot like Erma Bombeck, with humor that makes us sometimes laugh at ourselves and get back up and start over. Yet she is tender and comforting as she encourages you to get back up and start over. Her stories lend an understanding to the concepts she is expounding on. I found this to be a very enriching book to read over again to gain more insights.

Debora teaches on four basic subjects, but they delve much deeper than one would think:

Outer Beauty-judging, flab, waists, behavior, maturing, fleas, confidence
Inner Beauty-God’s standard, spiritual retreat, discernment, adversity, goals, conquering guilt, call-waiting
Undergarments by Fruit of the Spirit (Not the Loom!)-love battlefields, lifer, stress-p00l, patience, queen, silk ribbons, fragrances, melted earrings
Beautifying My World-friendships, forgiveness, chocolate, weirdness legacy, encouragement, the real thing, ogre transformation

Debora’s opening Scripture for each chapter resonates throughout each chapter. And as a re-cap, she has a ‘taming the beast’ set of questions that make the book personal.

I would love to have a woman’s Bible study based on this author’s book. The ‘taming the beast’ questions could be the starting point for a good discussion, with a chance to encourage each other in their transformation and trials.

A copy of the book was provided by Christen Krumm, Litfuse Publicity Group, in exchange for my review and posting the giveaway information. No monetary compensation was exchanged.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Beauty, Less Beast.