Annmarie 's Reviews > The Mating

The Mating by Nicky Charles

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: book-boyfriends, my-reviews
Read from April 08 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

What a good story! I was very pleasantly surprised how much I liked the story. I came across The Mating on my updates pages and after reading some of the reviews and asking around, I decided to check it out. So glad I did.

Definitely my kind of story. Steamy sexy male. Supernatural beings. Full history of the characters as well as their characterizations. Smexiness, obviously, but very nicely done and within proportion to the story line.

I liked the explanation of the Lycan hierarchy, it made the characters and their reactions much easier to accept. At first, Elise just seemed to wishy washy to me and a doormat. But as the story went on, it was understood why her reactions and responses were as they were. By the end of the story, I truly found her to be a strong woman who knows what she wants.

Kane, well, what can I say? Alpha male, dominant, headstrong, passionate, a leader. Loved him. My kind of male.

The story line in itself was very interwoven with a few things going on at a time. The author kept all on track and there was no confusing or lagging at all. The surrounding mystery was really good as well. And the ending was loaded with action. Very exciting.

Very well rounded. A little something for everyone. Definitely a good read and I would highly recommend it.

And best yet, The Mating is book 1 in a series of 4. I am moving on to book 2 and and am very excited for the continuation of this Lycan saga :)

EXCERPT: She lay beside him, staring blankly at the ceiling. The deed was done. They were mated. It didn't matter that she had no love for him nor he for her. Political alliances were more important than feelings, or so she had been told. That fact was cold comfort right now as her heart broke within her.

Inspirational smexiness... Photobucket
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mating.

Annmarie I've read the reviews and comments. I am intrigued. I am going in and taking the plunge...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Depends what you're opinion on the main character and whether you prefer something a little more fiesty, but in general I'd say read the book!