Terence Honikman's Reviews > China's Wings: War, Intrigue, Romance, and Adventure in the Middle Kingdom During the Golden Age of Flight

China's Wings by Gregory Crouch

U 50x66
Apr 05, 2012

Read in April, 2012

Greg Crouch spent more than 5 years researching and writing this book, and the results reflect that enormous effort. It is an excellent history of China for anyone interested in the period leading up to and during WWII, and an outstanding history of the amazing role played by a small Chinese airline in the affairs of the world. I use the word outstanding partly because the incredible depth of detail initially made me feel that it must be an historical novel. The author assured me, however, that he was not aware of any non-factual details in the book, and after exploring some of the resources on which he relied, I am confident of his veracity. The rest of the reason for the use of the word outstanding is that despite the amazing depth of detail, Mr. Crouch tells the story in a way that makes it a page turner - I could not put the book down. It is a compelling tale of both individual's and national strategies, tied together with impressive journalist's skill. A must-read for both aviation and WWII buffs.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read China's Wings.