blub's Reviews > First Time, Forever

First Time, Forever by K.C. Burn

Apr 05, 2012

bookshelves: mm-romance, slice-of-life
Read in April, 2012

A nice story about a married couple trying to rebuild their passion for each other after their son goes off to college. They're a bit of misunderstanding and almost no communication but it's a believable story and can actually happen in RL.

One little problem I had with the story is that the marriage between Trevor and Derrick seemed a bit weak. They've been together for years and Trevor just choose to believe that Derrick would lose interest in him because he was getting old. There's only a 5 year age gap between them which is really nothing at all. People can start sprouting grey hairs in their 20's, heck even earlier than that (my siblings had grey hairs when they were in their early teens) and also develop arthritis early in age. I felt like Trevor just took their marriage for granted and that he believed Derrick just married him for his body and not because he loved him. Which was kind of horrible since I think the book stated Derrick was only "getting some" once a week.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Time, Forever.