Jamie's Reviews > The Heretic Queen

Apr 06, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: historical-fiction, romance
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012

Honestly, I was expecting to like this book more. I mean it was still intriguing like Nefertiti was and historical fiction, which I like. But it was more graphic than I would've liked. I mean based on the content- there's competition for being the wife of Pharaoh and then becoming Chief Wife. But I didn't need to know that she was taught how to touch him sexually, and I didn't need as much info in those scenes. I've read one or two romance novels that are worse, but it still was more than I like.

Throughout the whole book I was kinda disgusted with the whole two wives thing. I mean, the one doesn't even love him in the book and is just plotting for more power for herself, and the husband still spends as much time with her as the other one who truly does love him. Though I guess we're supposed to like Nefertari more anyways. I didn't realize that there are remnants of poetry that Ramesses the Great wrote that show his love for her. And I was touched most at the end when reading through the notes, that although the book was fiction- their love in real life was not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heretic Queen.

04/05/2012