Elizabeth's Reviews > The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion

The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin by Walter Mosley

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, scifi-fantasy
Read from April 14 to 17, 2012

I won an ARC of this book in a goodreads giveaway.

Review:
What first caught my eye for this book was The Gift of Fire's mentioning of Prometheus because I have been submerging myself in mythology books. However, it was not at all what I expected, both of the short novels were very thought provoking and make you think about a hire being or whether or not there is other life out there. I don't care who you are or what you believe but this book will make you think and ponder such things as existence on hire planes or the coming of gods and how this effects the way you live. I was enraptured and truly enjoyed it even though I didn't think I would. Bravo, Walter Mosley, bravo.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin.

04/15/2012 page 34
04/16/2012 page 104
36.0% "just finished on the head of a pin and want to jot down some thoughts for later. I didn't know what to expect I don't read scifi but wow that story was deep. Playing around with computer graphics they create a being that holds all the memories of mankind and Josh meets an Alto a genetically made "perfect" human. Intriguing now on to Prometheus ...."
show 1 hidden update…