Kris43's Reviews > The Queen of the Damned

The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: horror-gothic, horror, fantasy-dark, historical-fiction, vampire, gothic, egypt, favorites, historical-ancient, horror-supernatural
Read from April 05 to 15, 2012 — I own a copy

Ok, lets start by saying that this book isn't a light reading. For me it was one of those books that needed some time to get going, but is well worth the effort.

It starts by saying what happened and then Lestat leaves the spotlight for quite some time. Then you get POV-s of seemingly random people and events that at first don't make much sense. Bare with it. It will start to make more sense as the whole thing gets rolling. I liked this way of telling the story once I've seen where the whole thing is going because it adds many layers to the story and shows you things from lots of different perspectives. I loved the complexity of it:)

And the whole story is so rich and fascinating that it blows my mind! This book is not for everybody, its one of those that you either love or hate, but if you stick with it it will tell you a fascinating story that will stay in your mind for quite some time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of the Damned.