Sara HarlequinJunkie's Reviews > The Man Who Risked It All

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: favorites-shelf, top-pick
Read in April, 2012

My Blog: HarlequinJunkie

Loved this story!!! I have always been a big Fan of Michelle Reid and I think she has out done herself again! The man who risked it all is a beautiful reunion love story of Lexi Hamilton and Franco Tolle. The story starts with Franco and Marco his childhood friend taking part in a powerboat race where they are involved in a serious accident that leaves Franco injured and Marco dead. Franco is in the hospital and refuses to see anyone but his wife. When her father in law contacts Lexi and informs her of Franco condition and his request to see her she rushes to his bedside.

When Franco and Lexi first met they were young and easily influenced by the people around them. Franco and Lexi got married when they realized that she was pregnant but their marriage fell apart within six months when Lexi lost the baby and Franco was not around to support her. Lexi moved back to London and started to rebuild her life there.

This is a fast paced read and captivates you right from the starts. I loved the interaction and the chemistry between the Franco and Lexi, you could tell throughout the story that they still loved each other. Michelle Reid has done a fantastic job in bringing this story to life, reading this book took me on an emotional filled journey filled with angst and hope, I was routing for Lexi and Franco all the way.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Risked It All.