Tom's Reviews > Under a War-Torn Sky

Under a War-Torn Sky by L.M. Elliott

M_50x66
Apr 05, 12

Read in April, 2012

The book, Under a War Torn Sky, by Laura Malone Elliot, was an exceptional read. The book contained many thrilling, suspensful, and action-packed scenes that I thought were gripping and sad. The book is about a U.S airforce pilot named Henry, who was on a bombing mission and his bomber was shot down, and he landed in Nazi-controlled terrritory. For instance, meeting many characters that helped and supported Henry through Nazi-controlled territory caused me to care for each and every person going through the war, and helping Henry. Also, the ending of the story was unexpected, as through the entire book, you were told things about Henry's father and how his life had been back home. The ending was a great one for this World War II survival story. This story is similar to The Hunger Games, by Suzzane Collins, in how so many unexpected events unfolded and had you bedazzled. My only question is, how come word of Henry's survival did not reach back home to the Airforce and inform them that they needed to get their pilots back?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a War-Torn Sky.