Dan's Reviews > Seeds of Rebellion

Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull

Apr 12, 12

Read from April 05 to 08, 2012

First of all, I love the title of this book and its multiple meanings. Read it and you'll understand. Second, Mr. Mull neatly and cleanly directed the narrative into three distinct acts. I've seen other authors attempt to do this with sections or "books", but it's not always so natural. Maybe I haven't noticed it and it's been there in many other books, but I saw it very clearly with Seeds of Rebellion. It flows and progresses naturally and smoothly. The book moves quickly and you get drawn in just as quickly. There is a lot of action and much is accomplished by the characters, Not a lot of time is spent on internal monologues and emotional character development. I know it's intended for younger audiences than I, but I would like a little more of that. I'd gladly accept a longer book in order to get to know some of the very interesting secondary characters better. Mr. Mull creates a truly fascinating and compelling world and doesn't end up using the old standard of elves, dwarves, and orcs. Mr. Mull creates unique and believable races with logical strengths and limitations, and two ordinary kids (Jason and Rachel) learning to do extraordinary things. I can't wait until next year for book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeds of Rebellion.