Norma's Reviews > About That Night

1913550
Apr 06, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, kindle-ebook, read-2012
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE JULIE JAMES!!! This is a great book. Kyle Rhodes might have just sailed his way into fav JJ character after this performance. He comes across as the rich playboy, but of course, there is so much more to him than meets the eye. He's a wonderful man.

Rylann manages to be an independent, modern, working woman who is still all woman. She cares about her job and takes it very seriously, but she still wants to grab life with both hands. Thankfully Kyle helps her do that.

I can't recommend this book enough. Any fan of JJ will love it. And really, any fan of contemporary would love it.

Have to add that I love the Scott Casey name drop.

All in all, highly recommend.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About That Night.

04/05/2012 "Love Julie James!!!!"

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Carrie I so want to read this! My library doesn't have it and I'm out of book-buying money for now. I'll just have to wait until it my library gets it, or it starts to show up at my favorite used book stores. ;-)

ElaineY Norma wrote: My only small caveat with this was the time Kyle and Rylann spent apart. I felt like they were not a couple for too much of the book. There was a lot of them growing and doing their own thing. I enjoyed getting to know them during that time, but for me personally I would have liked it better with them together.

You mean they are apart for most of the book??? I hope not! I'm reading it now and am only at the part where they've met again for the first time after 9 years apart. If this 9 years is what you meant, then no prob. But if you meant after their reunion the story still has them separated, living their own lives then that would make a very odd romance book.

Norma Hm. It's hard to explain Elaine. They're not apart as in not in each others lives. I probably should have left it out of my review. I can't go into more detail without spoiling. I'm a terrible review-writer. Trust other reviews over mine, but do trust this--it's a wonderful book and a well-written story. I can't imagine any fan of contemporary romance not loving this book. Hope that helps.

message 1: by ElaineY (last edited Apr 08, 2012 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ElaineY Norma wrote: "Hm. It's hard to explain Elaine. They're not apart as in not in each others lives. I probably should have left it out of my review. I can't go into more detail without spoiling. I'm a terrible..."

Thank you. I haven't had time to read more than I'd like but today we're taking a little break from our house move so I might make some headway in the story.

So far, I'm enjoying it almost as much as the previous ones but not as much as A Lot Like Love, the previous book. It should improve as I getr further in the story.

Is the Agent Wilkins the same one from Something About You, Special Yummy Agent, Jack Pallas' partner? Do I get to see Jack in this book?