Melanie's Reviews > By the Light of the Silvery Moon

bookshelves: historical-fiction, christian-fiction
Read in April, 2012

By the Light of the Silvery Moon
Tricia Goyer
April 14, 1912 the great Titanic sank on its maiden voyage. We are coming up to the 100 year anniversary of this tragic event. Tragic in many ways, but God is the redeemer of all things and turn what was meant for evil into good in so many ways. Tricia Goyer takes this love of God in her latest novel By the Light of the Silvery Moon and gives us a theme of second chances and of a Father’s redeeming love.
Quentin, ragamuffin, down on his luck, penniless gets a second chance when he is given a ticket to ride on the great Titanic. Amelia’s cousin Henry’s ticket is available (while he sits in prison) and Amelia just hands it to Quentin.
Amelia and her Aunt Neda are en-route to America via tickets from Mr. Chapman whom Amelia has been corresponding with. Amelia hopes her fondness for Mr. Chapman will grow to more once she meets him in America.
Some stories have such strong themes that they knock you over. Such symbolism in this novel with the titanic, the unsinkable ship, that sinks, yet our God and savior will never sink. I love all of Tricia’s novels truthfully, so I may be a bit bias. She continues to bring forth unique works of fiction that speak to the reader about the power of God. She is a gifted author who can take the 100 year anniversary of a tragedy and show us today how God can redeem us.
Wonderful novel!
I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Light of the Silvery Moon.