Olivia's Reviews > River Secrets

River Secrets by Shannon Hale

Apr 05, 12

In this third book of Bayern, Razo, one of our earlier characters, comes into center stage as he stars in his own book. This book is placed in between the other 3 girl-starred books but I think boys will enjoy it all the same. I really enjoyed Razo’s intriguing point of view and this story shows that even if you don’t have special powers like Princess Anidora-Kiladra-Tilianna-Isilee(Ani or Isi and was the star of the first book), Enna(who was the star of the second book), or Dasha(Razo’s girl and is a new character introduced in River Secrets) you can do great things. This spell-binding tale also confirms one of the forgotten languages. You probably can guess what it is by reading the title but still, if I were you, I would read this spectacular book for the sensation of Shannon Hale’s words intoxicating your mind with images of Dasha’s hair, as orange as an open flames ends or the power of fighting fire with fire. The one reason I enjoy Hale’s books is because her words float into my mind and take their places, all the while creating a beautiful and perfect illustration that are so great that I see them instead of the black words on the plain, white page. I am almost positive that her words will intertwine into your imagination and create the same experience for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Secrets.