★Ruth★'s Reviews > What a Boy Wants

What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

Jan 01, 14

bookshelves: favourites, angst, male-pov, series-read-ya-romance
Read from June 13 to 16, 2012

I LOVED this book.

I have read a few books written from the guy's POV.
Some are great, some not so much. This was great.

I loved how on top the story was just your normal happy go lucky romantic YA. Witty comments, high school carrying on, guys been jerks etc. But underneath there was a darker undercurrent, you sensed that everything wasn't as good as it appeared.

Sebastian is a great character, though he can be a jerk at times & though I am not a teenage boy I imagine his voice & inner musings were pretty much on the ball. I loved how he cared for his friends & his mom. And I could totally understand why he did the things he did due to what he has seen happen in his own life at home.
All the other characters were likeable & I downloaded What a Boy Needs the next day because I can't wait to read Jaden & Pris's story & get a little but more of Bastian & Aspen.

This a a smutt free YA, no violence & very little drinking etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed & look forward to reading more by this author :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Boy Wants.

Quotes ★Ruth★ Liked

Nyrae Dawn
“We're guys. Half the time, we don't know who we are. It helps things become a lot easier if we know who you are.”

Nyrae Dawn
“Still I pulled her into a hug, because I knew she let me off the hook on purpose and yeah, I'm a guy and I love my mom. So shoot me. I'm man enough to hug her without feeling like a mama's boy.”

Nyrae Dawn
“I'll be like your bodyguard or something. Me Tarzan. You Jane.”

01/01 marked as: romance-ya
01/01 marked as: series-read-ya-romance

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karla Nyrae is pure genius! Great review Ruth!

message 2: by ★Ruth★ (last edited Jul 24, 2012 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

★Ruth★ Oh Karla I am loving her, can't wait to get Freeing Carter but have a few to read before I indulge :)

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ glad to hear u liked it...ive been wanting to read these.

★Ruth★ OMG Sharon they are awesome, Soooooooo worth a read.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ good to know...thanks Ruth.