Laura's Reviews > Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love

Two Kisses for Maddy by Matthew Logelin

Apr 05, 12

Read on April 05, 2012

I will make this a short one.
I know some of the reviews that came and will come will say that this is not a book worth your time. I go against it. Yeah, I just gave it 3 stars but just because I can't deny the lack of true literature. I give it to Mr. Logelin that he admitted not being a writer and believe him I do. But for those reviews that completely miss the bigger picture, I just feel sorry for them.
Maybe I just let myself guide for the tears I shed while reading but I'll admit it, I am a sucker for tear inducing reading, movies, music or anything and let me tell you that I consider myself tough so I put up a fight before letting go of my tears.

I am 18 years old for the moment, age when this two awesome couple met and started a new life, if short, together. Concluding with the day Maddy was born. And I consider this book a great way for grieving people, to see that you are not alone is one of the first thing people looks for. And it's great for teaching to the rest of us that are starting living, really, and for those already living, that life is not forever. One instant and that was it, there it went your chance in life.
So let's not forget about that. Maddy isn't the only one living without a loving parent. And she certainly won't be the last. So for her sake and for many others and for ours too (why not?) let's not forget.

It isn't fair Mr. Logelin. That because of your loss and gain you had to create this. Yeah, the worst experiences help create. Why not giving a chance for that that is great to while it is still there?

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Kisses for Maddy.

04/05/2012 page 89
33.0% "I find myself crying at two am in the morning..for another man's tragedy.... so me. ha."

Rosie Eder Sometimes the best stories are the ones that come from the heart and not the head.