Janina's Reviews > Raised By Wolves

Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: shifters, magical-psychic, favorites

This is one of my first shifter YA series that I loved, because I didn't start off reading YA. I read adult shifter books, but hadn't been introduced to the YA category at the time. Writing this review I am finding difficult since I read this book almost 2 years ago, but I'll try without spoiling :D

Bryn was adopted as a child by alpha werewolf Callum when a rogue wolf killed her parents while she hid and watched the entire thing. Soon Bryn meets Chase a boy who was recently turned. Things get a little crazy after that!

The Characters
I loved Bryn's character! She was fun :) And she also had some attitude that I liked! No push over with her. But sometimes, I felt she could be a little bit defiant and hardheaded, but after all she's only 15. LOVED LOVED LOVED Callum! I loved his whole demeanor. He was kind of suave, level headed and he showed his true emotions to Bryn which I thought was... *Awwww* ;) His whole Alphaness just draws me to him even though he's old lol! I also like Bryn's friend Devon :) He was an added plus to the book!

Chase
When Bryn finally comes in contact with Chase, it was interesting. I was right there along with Bryn with the why can't I see him thing. I liked Chase he was sweet and adorable! Their romance, I swear, was the cutest thing to me. Now I don't want to spoil things so I am going to stop right here. But when the thing happen when Bryn did the thing lol I was like whoa. Everyone had a freak out moment.

I kind of thought things were taken to the extreme with Devon's mother, but I guess that was unusual. But when Ali reacted, I didn't think she need to do what she did lol I am cracking up! But I did think she overreacted. Plus she had kids to think about.

But overall, amazing story! This one of the reasons why I love shifters :D I highly recommend this series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised By Wolves.

Quotes Janina Liked

Jennifer Lynn Barnes
“Bryn, when you were six years old, you tried to bungee jump off a jungle gym by connecting the straps of your overalls to the bars with your shoelaces. Caution has never been your strong suit.”
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Raised by Wolves