Paige Prince's Reviews > Acting Out

Acting Out by Tibby Armstrong

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read in March, 2012

I know it's not out yet, but I was lucky enough to beta read for Tibby so I feel okay giving a rating.

I was first introduced to Tibby Armstrong's writing when I read No Apologies for The Romance Reviews a while back. Ever since then, I've been utterly HOOKED on her writing and (literally) jumped at the chance to read Acting Out. Another glimpse at Greg and Aaron? Meeting a new couple who'd light my iPad on fire? SIGN ME UP.

Jeremy and Kit captured my attention from page one. They have intense chemistry, despite Kit's initial reservations about being with another man. I will have to admit wanting to slap him several times throughout the book (you should seem my emails to Tibby - I might've made her snort a few times with my graphic language when I got mad at him). I know that it was obvious to ME that Kit had very real feelings for Jeremy, but he was so deeply in the closet that even HE didn't know what was real and what wasn't. And even though he treated Jeremy with the utmost care at certain times, there were others when he let his mouth get away with him and I REALLY wanted to slap his face. Or kiss it. Maybe both.

Jeremy plays Greg's character in the movie, and watching some of the things that Greg went through as a young man through Jeremy and Kit's eyes nearly tore me in two. One particular scene had me reaching for the tissue... an entire box of it. And wanting to punch Greg in his beautiful face (I can say that, since I'm Greg and Aaron's girlfriend - you can even ask them on Twitter - @AaronEBlake & @GregoryFalkner). You'll have to read the book to understand why I'd want to punch my fictional boyfriend in the face. Luckily, we're back on speaking terms.

I loved revisiting Greg and Aaron, and it killed me to see them going through tough times again (even knowing it turned out okay in the end - read No Apologies if you're confused). I wanted to yell out "Don't be mad Aaron! He loves you! I swear!" but then PK would've woken up and been all grumbly. And of course, the entire freaking book, I was TERRIFIED on the freaking EDGE OF MY SEAT, thinking that one of my favorite characters was really badly hurt. That stupid (ok, ridiculously hot, but so dangerous) motorcycle!!

I love that Tibby writes in such a way that I care about what happens to the characters. I almost feel like a dork for caring so much. But I'm a self-professed book nerd so I guess that's okay, right? ;)

Rating: 5/5 meows

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acting Out.