Leslie Ferdinand's Reviews > The Sword and The Prophet

The Sword and The Prophet by Missy LaRae

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 11 to 16, 2012

Twins Lilybelle and Tyler are determined to escape their abusive mother. Despite the years of terrible abuse they've suffered at her hands, they don't realize that if they make good on their escape their lives will be in much more danger than they could've ever imagined.

The Sword and The Prophet is filled with surprises and pulse-pounding moments. The depiction of the twins' strong bond is very believable after having only one anoter to rely on in the face of their mother's brutality for so many years. Lily and Tyler are inseparable and will give up their lives to protect one another. Book 1 in the Children of Syren Series lays a wonderful foundation for the following books. The world of Amatia Prime, Earth's twin, where women and children are revered and the beauty of life and nature is appreciated is fleshed out and easy to envision. I really felt the plight of all the characters and the cruelty that Lily and Tyler suffer is really gut-wrenching. The book made me laugh and cry and almost jump out of my skin wondering what would happen next. It isn't the ordinary YA novel peopled with vampires, werewolves and angels. It has a very unique plot and a strong storyline. I can't wait for the next installment, The Prophet of Dreams.

I did wonder what became of Evelyne and I wanted to a little more interaction between Jackson and Tyler, but that's only me. I'm giving The Prophet and The Sword 5 stars. It is a real gem of a book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword and The Prophet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Missy LaRae Let me know what you think! It's my first foray into writing YA fiction.

Leslie Ferdinand You got it! I can't wait to read it.

Carly Great book. I loved it. It is a must read.

Missy LaRae Carly wrote: "Great book. I loved it. It is a must read."

Hey girl! Write me a review, with stars lol!!!

:-)