Lindsay Heller's Reviews > The Code of the Woosters

The Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, antiquity-nostalgia, humour
Read from April 04 to 07, 2012

See, the thing is, what I mean to say, this might be one of the most amusing old tales I've been subject to in a long time. I've read Wodehouse before, though, what? But this one is probably my favorite. It give a person a bit of joy, a tickle to the old melon, what have you.

I really can't go on like that for long. It's relatively exhausting, which makes me appreciate Wodehouse's wit all the more.

Being from the Jeeves collection of stories 'The Code of the Woosters' is about the relatively affable Bertie Wooster and his inimitable manservant, Jeeves. This time around Bertie and Jeeves are off to Totleigh Towers, homestead of a one Sir Watkyn Bassett, where there's a bit of trouble between Bertie's old school chum, Gussie Fink-Nottle and Madeline Bassett. Add in a much desired silver cow creamer, the conniving Stephanie "Stiffy" Byng, curate Harold "Stinker" Pinker, would be dictator Roderick Spode, Stiffy's diabolical dog Bartholomew, and a stolen police helmet and it's plain that things can get very complicated, very fast, and very comically.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Code of the Woosters.