Amanda Ryan-Romo's Reviews > Twilight's Dawn

Apr 04, 12

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy
Read in April, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I did not want to read this book. I read the reviews, I saw the spoilers, and I did not want to read this book. In fact, I bought this book, and I let it sit for almost 2 months before reading it - something I have never done with an Anne Bishop book. Usually I devour them within a week of buying, if not sooner.

That said, this was a unique reading experience. Don't get me wrong: it was nothing new for Anne Bishop. It was typically in her style. It was unique in that she truly brought closure to a significant portion of her world. I think many authors imagine the kind of closure that she created, but I think few authors have the guts to put it to paper. For that reason alone, I would recommend this book - but only to those who have invested in the entire series.

This is not my favorite of the series; that honor still belongs to "Heir to the Shadows" and "Shalador's Lady."

I do not know if Bishop picks up with a new but related series if I will read it. This may, in fact, be a fitting end to "The Black Jewels" world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight's Dawn.