Robyn's Reviews > Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day

Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home by Moosewood Collective

F_50x66
Aug 20, 08

bookshelves: cook-books

This is a great vegetarian/healthy cooking cook book. I use quite a few recipes regularly from this book. Most recipes call for simple ingredients, and are very easy to make. Although there are no pictures, none are needed, because they have a description for each recipe that helps you envision what it's like, and also, what goes well with it. Some of my favorite recipes are: garlic and greens pizza; Asian Cabbage slaw; Soba Noodle Salad; Red, Gold, Black, and Green Chili; Sweet Potato Quesadillas; Curried Chick Peas and Tofu; and Mushrooms with Chinese Black Bean Sauce.

It also has a guide to ingredients, and How to cook bean, grains and pasta in the back, which I have found to be very helpful (it has the best instructions for how to cook brown rice). It also has an easy-to-use index. Overall a well put together cook book with great recipes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.