Gina - Behind the Pages's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Cherie Colyer

Apr 04, 2012

bookshelves: blog-tours, e-reader, wishlist, 5-star
Read from April 15 to 17, 2012

Be at Behind A Million And One Pages on 21 April for a exclusive review of Embrace! Join the blog tour!

Brilliant. It somes up this book perfectly. It was short yet sweet and to the point.

Although we move fast through the book, we fell pulled to the end and through the pages. We also don't expect what happens in the novel. Mainly on how it becomes paranormal from what we start to think is a general YA novel. I love the way that was done! It suits both audiences, either YA readers or Paranormal readers. The one part of this that makes itpossible is through the blurb! Not many novels do this, and leave you in the dark AS WELL as making you intrigued in the novel itself, without giving away too much information. We get caught up in the story, as well as how fast Maddison and Issac's relationship is moving. At the start it bothers us, how they can move that quickly (especially Maddison), but as we continue, we realise where her feelings come from as well as why they developed so quickly. We don't understand it as much when we find out, but we are still captivated by it all.

We get propelled into the story so much that we don't stop to think and predict what is going to happen, and we start to go with Maddison. We feel like Kaylee at times, because we feel like Maddison's best friend. We understand her pain and we get to know about everything that she is going through on a different perspective as to what others would. We start to go along with Maddison's judgement and don't stop to think if it could be anyone else causing it all and just go with what she thinks. That is how much we get pulled into the story. That is how much we develop a relationship with the main character. That is it's own kind of Witchcraft.

We don't understand the title as much as we do when we finish the novel (or when we get around 3/4 of the way through). We can't help but smile at the realisation of the title and how much it suits the book's hidden tale. There's not much that I think the book missed, it included everything that it needed as well as leaving the novel on a good stone. (view spoiler)

We get shocked when we find out the truth about everything and everyone. We don't expect it, as well as the others behind the situation. In this moment, the underlying questions are answered and everything all comes together. The only thing in this chapter was that it only took a chapter. It was very dramatic and it could have extended longer, and still hold our interest and continue to pull us through as the rest of the novel had. This would have brought the book up a little further, but that factor doesn't bring the book down or anything, it just gives us the feeling that we want a little more. Other than that there's not that much else about the novel that isn't already said. Like the book, this review is short and sweet!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.