Peter Meredith's Reviews > War and Peace

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

May 02, 12

Read from April 04 to May 02, 2012

Confession time: I'm not really in the process of reading this book. I just want people to think that I'm smart. This should show you just how shallow I am. I'm so shallow I should be reading Twilight...and who knows maybe I am. BUT, although I'm shallow, I still have enough brains to know that by putting War and Peace on my Currently Reading list everyone will think I'm far smarter than I really am! Suckers! 5 stars for providing me cover and another five stars for propping up my couch when the back leg broke.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peace.

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Richard Wow, I'm so impressed that you're reading this! What an intellectual you must be! (view spoiler)

Martha "The worst vice is shallowness."--Oscar Wilde. Maybe you should be reading The Importance of Being Earnest.

Peter Meredith I don't like to brag, but yes, I am an intellectual. Though I have to say it can be downright annoying at times. Sometimes I'm so thought-full I have to wear a neck brace just to keep my head up. I'm sure, as a fellow reader of War and Peace, you understand, Richard.

Peter Meredith @ Martha...Does it have a cool looking cover? :)

message 6: by Richard (last edited Apr 05, 2012 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Richard Peter wrote: "I don't like to brag, but yes, I am an intellectual. Though I have to say it can be downright annoying at times. Sometimes I'm so thought-full I have to wear a neck brace just to keep my head up. I..."

Yes of course, I understand completely. Uh oh, brace yourself! Here comes Anna Karenina!

Martha Peter wrote: "@ Martha...Does it have a cool looking cover? :)"

It has whatever cover you want it to have--all of them deep.

message 4: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon This is the best laugh I have had all day! I have this one sitting on a shelf looking very intimidating. I see it everyday and wonder if I will ever be bored enough and vow that it's my "end of the world" book.

Peter Meredith It would be my 'stuck on a deserted Island book'. One page a day and when I was done then I'd watch Little House on the Prairie reruns until the sweet caress of the noose rescued me.

Richard Peter wrote: "It would be my 'stuck on a deserted Island book'. One page a day and when I was done then I'd watch Little House on the Prairie reruns until the sweet caress of the noose rescued me."

You know what they say: "No noose is good noose."

message 1: by Cathleen (new) - added it

Cathleen Your review made me laugh out loud. That's one of those books that's been on my "to be read" shelf for years and years. And nothing seems to get it off that shelf :)