Lisa's Reviews > The Virgin Huntress

The Virgin Huntress by Victoria Vane

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: victoria-vane, historical-romance, ebook, provided-by-author
Read on June 22, 2012

Lady Vesta Chambers has had everything and anything she could every want and is floored when her father returns from London, where he was preparing for her coming out, with a young bride. It brings her spoiledness to the for front and she is even more anxious to get to London and debut and be a young woman in society. So when her Aunt Diana volunteers to take Vesta in her fathers place, Vesta is relieved. After all, her godfather, Viscount DeVere, will be available to help her in any matter, should that need arise. Upon riding early one morning, Vesta spots the man of her dreams and falls head over heels. When it becomes know that this is her godfathers brother, she is ecstatic....only to become jealous of the attention he is paying her aunt! Calling upon her godfather to help pull off a lavish undertaking to secure the heart of the dashing Captain Hewett DeVere, Hew does not stand a chance against Vesta.

The novella was pure fun! Vesta was spoiled and childish at times but when she set her heart on something, she did whatever it took to secure it--even if it meant taking a drastic measure that will leave you going 'she didn't!' And Hew turned out to be a delicious man with a surprise that made me love him all the more. Falling for Vesta was not in his plans but when he does, he falls hard and gives her his whole heart in the most beautiful way! Sigh. As two polar opposites, Hew with his strength and steadfastness and Vesta with her petulant and impulsive nature, these two were sure to combust together and they certainly did! Victoria Vane once again drew me into the Georgian time period with wonderful details to dialect, mannerism and surroundings. Being a novella, I always want more and in this case I did as well. I would have loved seeing Vesta and Hew butt heads longer but it still worked well with the length. This novella made me laugh, sigh and spend a couple delicious hours away from reality to end with a smile on my face! Highly recommended for fans of enjoyable, sexy, emotional, fell good stories! I can not wait for more in this series! 4 1/2 stars

Thanks so much to Victoria Vane for providing me with a copy of this ebook!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Virgin Huntress.

Jill I loved this one too, Lisa despite the fact that Vesta was young and spoilt. She made this such a romp. Great review!

Lisa I usually don't like eighteen year olds for that reason, lol. I just could not believe she did what she did but it worked for me :) Fun and sexy, just what I like, thank you :) :)