Kathy Ramirez's Reviews > Tuck Everlasting

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Apr 04, 12

Read in January, 1999

I remember reading this book in my sixth grade classroom. Even more, this was the year that the motion picture by Disney had come out in theaters and my whole class was taken to AMC theaters to view the movie after reading the book! It was awesome! I have always been very interested in this book because of the mystery, fantasy, and characters. When I was younger, at first I didn't really understand the story and the reasoning of why this family would be in trouble for drinking from a pool of water, yet my mother did explain it to me back then. I would highly recommend this book to a classroom's library because it is engaging, fantastical, and sparks the wonder of students to read more of the book. The characters in the book would be an excellent basis for students to engage in learning about character analysis in the Tuck family, and Winnie (the young girl who discovers the Tuck's secret). Each character's qualties and characteristics would be excellent to organize and analyze in a classroom of students. Also, the qualties of this story would be a little bit unique to analyze on why it is of the Modern Fantasy genre, and even how the characters relate to the students in the classroom. I would encourage teachers to take time to throughly explain the themes and actions in this book so students understand the plot, characters, and motives behind the story. I would encourage any teacher to read this book aloud in a classroom of students. I think it will be a great in-class read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuck Everlasting.