Natalie's Reviews > The Mostly True Story of Jack

The Mostly True Story of Jack by Kelly Barnhill

Apr 04, 12

Read in April, 2012

I found this book extremely confusing. I actually started reading it, put it down and had to force myself to pick it up again and finish it.. I do think the author did a good job in writing the book, creating the characters and twisting the plot. However, I, like others I'm sure, got frustrated with the way that the mystery kept being drawn out. I also got confused by many things going on. I had questions like, who is this person again? How do they know so much? I even scratched my head and smade a mental note to go back and re-read certain parts, because the revelation about Jack and the town still made my head spin.
After finishing the book, I still feel confused.
This book is certainly young adult, but speaking as an adult, I wonder if the story is too long and sometimes too complex for young adult readers.
Overall, I would recommend this book to people. Writing a novel isn't easy and I applaud all people that complete their books. However, for this particular book, I'd only suggest it to people that love creepy stories with complex themes and plots.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mostly True Story of Jack.