CJ - It's only a Paper Moon's Reviews > Grave Mercy

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Apr 04, 2012

bookshelves: just-plain-good, fantasy, familyconflict, family, historical-fiction, women-hero, i-see-dead-people, romance, mystery-meets-supernatural
Read from May 04 to 07, 2012

4.5

Awesome book!!! Full review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Mercy.

Quotes CJ - It's only a Paper Moon Liked

R.L. LaFevers
“... true faith never comes without anguish.”

R.L. LaFevers
“There is no shame in scars, Ismae.”

R.L. LaFevers
“I am sorry,' he whispers. 'I am sorry I treated you so ill. I thought only to protect Duval.'
'It was not I who was poisoning him,' I say.
'No, but you had stolen his heart and I was afraid you would rip it from his chest when you left.”

R.L. LaFevers
“Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours....”

R.L. LaFevers
“... while I am Death's daughter and walk in His dark shadow, surely the darkness can give way to light sometimes.”

R.L. LaFevers
“Why be the sheep when you can be the wolf?”

R.L. LaFevers
“When one consorts with assassins, one must expect to dance along the edge of a knife once or twice.”

R.L. LaFevers
“Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours, until Death do us part. Whatever that may mean when consorting with one of Death’s handmaidens.”
tags: love

R.L. LaFevers
“I stare at him coldly. "I do not care for needlework." I pause. "Unless it involves the base of the skull.”

05/04/2012
10.0% "The structure and grammar are a little messed up in my version, so I may switch to the actual book soon. So far so good."
05/07/2012
57.0% "It's the kind of book that slowly creeps up on you until you can't stop reading it. By the way, can I have a Duval?" 10 comments
05/07/2012
89.0% "Do not deny me my HEA!"