Ms. Library's Reviews > A Season of Eden

A Season of Eden by J.M. Warwick

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: ya-general-fiction, don-t-bother
Read on April 04, 2012

Oh, Free Kindle Books-why do I always fall for you. And this time, I did it without even checking to see what this book was about, which in my case, was a fatal mistake. This wasn't as poorly written as the other book I read by Jennifer Laurens, which was a relief. There were still some odd moments, "The dress looked like a legwarmer on an oak tree." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? Step away from the adjectives and similes and metaphors Laurens. Do all of us a favor. There was also some obviously reused material in both-I counted several sentences/phrases that were used in both, which was odd, and some ideas recurred here.
I'm not going to comment on the teacher-student thing, because that's part of the plot and its pretty much everywhere on the CW. (I'm not a huge fan, and it baffles me why college graduates would go after high school seniors-and how that could be in a non-creepy way, but that is just my opinion.) It was definitely a fast read! If you enjoy this type of romance, I would say give it a try. Otherwise, skip it, and head towards Why We Broke Up or The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight. I've also heard Dash and Lily's Book of Dares is Pretty Entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Eden.