Heather's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Sep 28, 2014

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, fantasy, own
Read from May 10 to 15, 2012

Woohoooo! I’m so stinkin’ happy right now...my faith in this series has been restored! Thank you, Ms. Harris, for breathing some much-needed life back into the story. This installment was so much more enjoyable than the last couple have been. And what an unexpected and exciting ending! I love that unpredictability. And boy was I thrilled to see some resolution (finally!!) to a couple of story threads that I’ve been so ready to see come to an end. Hopefully they will all be left to rest now and only garner a passing mention, if any, in future books. I’m so excited to walk away from this book with a happy, satisfied glow. It’s been awhile. The only downside is knowing that I have to wait a whole year to find out where we go from here!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

05/11/2012 page 140
43.0% "Definitely enjoying this one more than the last book! *thumbs up*" 6 comments

Jackie Ready for your annual Eric fix? lol

Heather Yep! lol I'm just hoping that this next one is better than the last. Harris needs to breathe some life back into the story line IMO. Spice things up again!

Kimberly I feel exactly the same way Heather. I'll get this one from the library and only buy it if it's unexpectedly fantastic.

Heather I'm planning on buying it, but only because I have all of the other books in the series already. I figure I should probably keep the collection going. Otherwise, I'd be utilizing the library for it, also! :)

Man, I really hope this next installment delivers. I'm going to be so disappointed if it doesn't. At least we don't have to wait much longer to find out!

Jackie That's so funny you mentioned that. My co-worker was talking about it and said the same thing! Are you buying a paper copy or ecopy?

Heather Paper. To match the others. :)

Kimberly Yay! I'm glad you liked it too :-D

Heather I know, I was so happy to see that you gave it high marks, also! What an improvement from the last book, huh? What a relief! I was afraid I'd be walking away feeling disappointed and bitter again. lol *whew* :D

Kimberly The last book was such a dud; Harris really pulled a complete 180 with this one! This really is an awesome series, minus book 11. I guess we can give her a pass for having one bad book out of a dozen ;-)