Val's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Dec 21, 12

bookshelves: good-to-read-on-an-airplane, favorites, hard-to-put-down, mysteries-thrillers
Recommended for: anyone who loves a good mystery/thriller
Read from December 18 to 20, 2012

I loved Gillian Flynn's earlier novel, Dark Places, (except for the ending which I found goofy) and now she has written one of the all time greatest books of the genre! Gone Girl makes The War of the Roses (movie) look like a nursery rhyme.
I could barely put it down. It's not for everyone. I have friends who intensely dislike it. Yes, it's dark, but it's also a crazy mad delight. I figured out the first part early on and had an interesting theory for the last part which I will put as a spoiler in the comments section.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Val (last edited Dec 21, 2012 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val (view spoiler)

message 2: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Syz You're the second of my friends who've liked Gone Girl. It might be my next selection.

message 3: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Syz About 3/4 way through this book I starting thinking I might be getting the flu. But ... no... turned out that it was just plain old
terror.

message 4: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val Tricia wrote: "About 3/4 way through this book I starting thinking I might be getting the flu. But ... no... turned out that it was just plain old
terror."